30 December, 2009

So Today is The Last Day of the Year. Which year, I'm not quite sure. Probably not one that will stand out for long in my admittedly faulty memory.

Today I shall stand tribute to a new life. How long this new life shall hold sway over future behavior is, of course, to be questioned. But with such an attitude one is bound to fail and so, with optimism as my ally, I do claim victory over future impulses and shall lead a life more preferable to my particular tastes and desires than the one I have, until this moment, been leading.

If one has the possibility of perfection why not pursue such an ideal? Well, I do not have such a possibility because I am far too weak to even comprehend what such a trial would entail. However, I do own a particular idea of perfection, tailored to my abilities, that I shall attempt to capture beginning, of course, with the New Year.

Happy New Year.

To exemplify my dedication and new found discipline I am taking the day in fast and physical and mental exertion. Till the night, of course, when I shall meet with my friends and, though abstaining still of all food and excess save water, shall relax my new dignified person and enjoy the evening and all that is heralds.


...People keep telling me that this is a chance to be myself. That college is the time to open up and be who I've always wanted to be. The problem, I've found, with this is that I've very little idea of who I am or who I want to be. My idea of perfection includes many a chaotic and incompatible characteristic due soley to the fact that I find all people perfect in their confident ability to live and love and hate and desire. So compiling a perfect me has been difficult to say the least.

And how do I know that the perfect me I choose will be the happiest me possible?

And how do I know that the happiest me possible will be the one most beneficial to this society which I do love and find myself indebted to?

How do I balance the world with myself?

Just where do I lie within this vast expanse of being and is there really any room for yet another personality? Is there even any need for another one?

Do not take me for unhappy. I thrill at the challenge of self-discovery! Nothing excites me more than getting to know my most intimate confidante: myself!

And Happy New Year! For as I would have you conclude from the beginning of this post, I do have some idea of Who I Am and I am excited and ready to develope that idea into a physical being. It is birth!

2 comments:

  1. I looked at the end of your post and it said "O thoughtful critiques" and that made me sad because boy oh boy does your spelling ever suck. I'm surprised you can even type...Do you even know what letters are? Also, I am just kidding and I think that all of your letters are swell and you put them in really nice order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now it says "1 thoughtful critiques" which is bad grammar sooooo....now there are 2, while not entirely thoughtful or very critical, comments.

    ReplyDelete